Data Privacy Notice
Dawson Walker Communications
This is the data privacy notice of Dawson Fairey Communications Ltd (trading as Dawson Walker Communications), registered company no: 3177734
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data.
Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession.
The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) and other UK laws.
2. Who are we?
Dawson Walker Communications is a marketing and communications agency, providing a range of services to clients in the UK and internationally. The Board of Dawson Walker Communications is the data controller (contact details below), which decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. What data do we hold?
We hold and manage a range of personal data (emails, telephone numbers) that enable us to connect with our clients, suppliers and partners during the course of our business activities.
4. How do we process your personal data?
Dawson Walker Communications complies with its obligations by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To enable us to maintain contact with clients, suppliers and other partners required to provide business services
- To maintain our own accounts and records
- To inform clients, suppliers and partners of news, events, activities organised or supported by Dawson Walker Communications
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- We acquire explicit consent so that we can keep you informed about the progress of current, previous and future projects as well as about news, events, and activities in connection with our business activities
- Processing is carried out provided that a) this is done in order to provide business services
- There is no disclosure of any personal data to a third party without consent.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other parties in order to carry out a service connected with Dawson Walker’s business activities.
We will only share your data with third parties with your consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data in accordance with the guidance set out in GDPR guidelines
Specifically, we retain data while it is still current for up to 3 years after the calendar year to which they relate.
7. Your rights and your personal data. Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request that your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions
Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.